N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

Is it legal to sue my exhusband for molesting our daughter ...

Is it legal to sue my exhusband for molesting our daughter 32 years ago? Her dad would come in her bedroom at night...I would not have believed it in a million years...My daughter told me about this 16 years ago...I confronted her father and he called her a liar...I asked my daughter why didn''t you tell me? Her reply was I did not want you to hate daddy...The daddy hurried up that night she ask him to opoligize for ruining her life...He immediatly called my son and other daughter to tell them that their sister was lying...My daughter is 44 years of age...She has suffered with this for many years and still does...She is not able to trust a man and therefore she can''t have a normal life with men...She had a horse staying on his farm which he has resented for 2 years...He told her last saturday her horse was missing...I think he sold it...What can we do...I feel like God has no justice and I thought he was a just God, now I feel like God and Statan are just having a pissing
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
If it has been 16 years since discovery the statute of limitation probably has expired. To be sure, you will have to consult a lawyer in Arkansas, but I strongly suspect it is too late.

I hope the information on that page answers your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to N Cal Attorney's Post: What about the horse?
If you cannot prove he sold it it will be hard to recover for that. Sorry I am not exactly a fountain of hope for you tonight.