Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience
9164795

i recently had a 2nd dui and got 60 days house arrest and a ...

Customer Question

i recently had a 2nd dui and got 60 days house arrest and a year license suspension. now i am being charged with passing out inside a woman''s house who i didnt know while drunk. she woke me up and i caused her no harm and left her house and drove home. tyhe police have filed charges agianst me of criminal trespass, public drunkenness, disorderly conduct, and driving under the influence although the cops never talked to me, never took a breathlyzer or blood sample and didnt talk to me until i was sober at 1130 pm the next day. what should i expect?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 8 years ago.

Wow! How did you get into the lady's house? I hope you had a good date that you don't remember - it isn't criminal trespass unless she says you were never welcome there. If that is the case, then you have serious probs.

You need to get close to a good criminal laywer as you may be looking at a significant extension on that loss of license and even some jail time since the 60-days house arrest was for a 2nd DUI.

Good luck - time to stop drinking, I think. What do you think?

All the best,