Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience

My sons ex-wife, who currently has 2- TROs on

Customer Question

My son's ex-wife, who currently has 2- TRO's on him. One for her-3 years(unsupported, but granted) and one for the kids-2 years, pending court date. She recently did a mail change of address form for all mail to go to her, this is including his mail. What are the legal recourse is available to my son for the charge false change of address, including fines and /or jail time for the ex-wife? Would this action have weight in the courts- to have both TRO request thrown out?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 8 years ago.

Your should notify the US Postal Inspectors that the Ex Wife has made that change of address - that is a crime and they will investigate - see here:

The fact that she cahnged his mail addressalso provides a basis for him to go to court to get a TRO against her, and also will help him avoid her TRO concerning his right to visit his children.

Go for it! All the best,