How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Licensed Attorney for 7 years
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After compleeting probation and paid all ...

Resolved Question:

After compleeting probation and paid all restitution, is it possible to terminate or vacate the case as a first time ofender?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.

You would petition for an expungment of your criminal record or to have the record sealed.

Generally, only cases where you have been found "Not Guilty", or where the charges have been dismissed, or were dropped, can be expunged.

In cases where you have pled guilty, or nolo contendere (No Contest) or have been found guilty, but rather than a conviction you received an adjudication of guilt "withheld" you can apply to seal your Florida criminal record. However only if the adjudication of guilt was withheld and the offense is not one listed on the exceptions below, can your Florida criminal arrest record be sealed.

Crimes for which Florida criminal records cannot be sealed regardless if you received a "withhold of adjudication."

  • Abuse of elderly person or disabled adult, or aggravated abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult
  • Act of Domestic Violence
  • Act of Terrorism
  • Aggravated Assault
  • Aggravated Battery
  • Aircraft Piracy
  • Arson
  • Burglary of a dwelling
  • Carjacking
  • Child abuse or aggravated child abuse
  • Computer pornography (child related)
  • Drug Trafficking (Trafficking in Controlled Substances)
  • Giving/showing/transmitting/loaning obscene materials to a minor
  • Fraud
  • Homicide
  • Home invasion robbery
  • Illegal use of explosives
legaleagle and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you