Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

what is the penalty for forged community service ...

what is the penalty for forged community service restitution in Texas
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The penalty would be that the person would be held in contempt of court and in addition to being made to serve the original sentence for which they received community service they could also be held for as long as the judge determines is appropriate on the contempt charge.

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to PaulMJD's Post: this person is on deferred adjudication (5yrs i believe), that was the sentence given to them. They asked me so Im just trying to get the information for them, but from my understanding that was the original sentence. Now most of the hours are done correctly. How would they discover if some hours are forged? If they do discover anything wrong, how will the person be contacted? What should this person do at this point?
They could receive up to the 5 years, depending on how upset the judge gets and how many hours are involved. The only way they find out if his hours are forged is if they contact the agency where he did his hours or check the signatures. If they discover the fraud, the court will issue a warrant for his arrest for a probation violation and he will be held in prison until the judge decides what to do. I would suggest that either he goes out and does extra hours, or if he has already submitted all of the hours there is not much to do but wait and see what happens.