Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney trained in criminal law matters, and many years of advising on such matters..
1987257

My son was pulled over in Texas for not signaling

My son was pulled over in Texas for not signaling while changing lanes. His license was expired so he was ticketed and the officer impounded his car. Is this legal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.

From your description, it sounds as if the officer acted properly. It is illegal to change lanes without signaling. That will subject a driver to a ticket. Once discovered that his license had expired, he is not permitted to drive the car. Therefore, police impound the vehicle if there is not another driver in the car with a valid license to continue driving.

Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted, but I hope it helps you to understand the situation.

__________________

Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.