Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

i recked my bike into a car that turned in front of me ...

Customer Question

i recked my bike into a car that turned in front of me and the guy said i try to open his door and punch him. They charged me with robbery what can be done about this? I just graduated from collage with a degree in criminal justice and now i feel like i just flushed my life down the drain what can i do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
In order for you to be convicted, they will have to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless there are witnesses to the incident, it is going to be your word against his and the court will have to determine the credibility of both parties. It is likely that he knew he was at fault in this accident and is trying to mitigate that fault by making this accusation, but unfortunately for him, what happened after the accident has nothing to do with him causing the accident. You need to get a lawyer to handle both this criminal charge and to pursue him for his negligence causing the accident.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.