romlawyer
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
9045092

I missued money

Customer Question

I was treasuer of tennant association and I missued the money. The attorny that worked for us has contacted me about the money but I have not responded. They have had a detective contact me from the financial/fraud divison from the police department. I am scared and don''t know what to do. I don''t want to get arrested and I won''t have the money for at least 4 more weeks.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 6 years ago.

It is too late to just "pay it back" in secret...

You need to contact a local criminal attorney, and see if they can negotiate a deal for you to pay it back and avoid charges... They can also help you with the police....

Talking with the police or anyone else about this is not a good idea, until you have a local criminal attorney with you! As always your own statements will be used against you.

There is still time to avoid jail and other consequences, but you can't keep ignoring the questions, and you can't just answer them either! So get a local criminal attorney, tell them everything, and let them set up a repayment and represent you with the police if they still want to charge....

You you want to avoid arrest, get that attorney now.. you can use the yellow pages or try www.legalmatch.com

romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience: JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they had the dective to contact me on thursday then i was supposed to turn monies over to them on monday but i didn't. so the detective contacted me on yesterday but i didn't answer the phone. i just don't want them to come and arrest me at work or at home. i don't want an arrest period.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 6 years ago.

Well you will be arrested!

That is unless your lawyer makes a no arrest agreement or negotiates a "walk in" and "walk out" scenario....

If they want to force an arrest they can, and if you had met them with the funds you would have been arrested at the exchange..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i haven't been to work in 2 days and I am scared to go to day. I just don't know what to do.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 6 years ago.

CALL A LAWYER THIS AM !!!!!

That is the only you thing you can do in the immediate future which will help you. Hiding at home will result in an arrest....

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you i don't mean to go on and on just scared that's all. very scared.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 6 years ago.
good luck try www.romingerlegal.com/attorney to find an attorney
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  romlawyer replied 6 years ago.
u r welcome