CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

Can my fiancee be made to testify against me She had a ...

Can my fiancee be made to testify against me? She had a notarized letter sent to the court stating that she did not want to testify.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
Even if she does not want to testify, she can still be listed and called as a witness. However, the Prosecutor on the case, needs to evaluate how well of a witness she will be. If she does not have a good recollection of the event in question and the facts she gives, can not sustain a conviction, the Prosecutor may decide to not call her. Before the trial, the Prosecutor will most likely attempt to call her and ask her questions about what happened. Moreover, a subpoena will be issued, which she needs to be physically served with. If the prosecutor is unable to make contact with her, he/she may feel there is a lack of interest in the case and decide to drop the charges.