JD, Criminal Justice Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years of practice in litigation including 10 years as a state prosecutor

Judgment was handed down that a court transcript had been ...

Judgment was handed down that a court transcript had been altered. How do I now go about seeking criminal charges against who altered the transcript; the court employee, the judge or both?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JD replied 8 years ago.

Altering or falsifying an official government record is a crime. If you suspect this has happened you should report it to your local prosecutor's office, your local police, or the state investigating agency (state police, bureau of investigation, etc.) If this happened in a federal proceeding, you should report it to the F.B.I. and you local U.S. Attorney's office.

Good luck.

I am not your attorney. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.