Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

my 16 year old daughter was charged with a DUI. .226 and ...

my 16 year old daughter was charged with a DUI. .226 and leaving the scene of an accident.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Ouch! That is more than twice the legal limit and close to the toxic level for alcohol in a juvenile. What you need to do is get her some help in the form of alcohol abuse counseling and you should make a deal with the prosecutor to arrange for the charge to be expunged after successful completion of a program. If she just pleads guilty without any deal, the charge will affect her insurance rates severely and may affect her later down the road.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for each of my answers. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.