CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

If you have already taken 5 defensive driving courses can ...

If you have already taken 5 defensive driving courses can you then take a advanced defensive driving course?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more? Have you used up all the elective driving school options available to you?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to CrimDefense's Post: i have used the five elections

The only other time you can take a driving improvement course, is if it is ordered by the Judge. If you want to avoid points on your license, you can look into a traffic attorney, who can try and fight the ticket for you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
when i took the last defensive driving course the instructer informed the class that if we had used our five elections that we could take the advanced driving course as many times that we wanted.
I don't believe that information is correct. My understanding is that you can go 5 times, in your life time, to elected driving school and only 1 time a year. Anything over that, has to be assigned by the Judge. If you have a current ticket and want to go to school, I suggest you attempt it and see if allows you to register. If not, then hire a traffic attorney to help fight the ticket.