Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

What is a Virginia State Class O Felony

No Comment Added

Hi

In Va felonies are classified into six classes from 1 to 6 - there is no class O felony. See below

§ 18.2-9. Classification of criminal offenses.

(1) Felonies are classified, for the purposes of punishment and sentencing, into six classes:

(a) Class 1 felony

(b) Class 2 felony

(c) Class 3 felony

(d) Class 4 felony

(e) Class 5 felony

(f) Class 6 felony.

(2) Misdemeanors are classified, for the purposes of punishment and sentencing, into four classes:

(a) Class 1 misdemeanor

(b) Class 2 misdemeanor

(c) Class 3 misdemeanor

(d) Class 4 misdemeanor.

(1975, cc. 14, 15.)

If you want to be specific as to a charge perhaps I can give you more information

The statement above is not specific legal advice and is only an effort to help and guide you. Fees I receive for answering questions are paid for information and educational purposes, not for legal advice and no client relationship has been created. It is always suggested you consult with a local attorney

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I can be a little more specific. On the court documents it states that the Felony Class is O. However the two charges that I am questioning is for section Codes 18.2-248 and 18.2-248.01. What class felonies would those fall into? Thank you kindly.

Hi

It is going to depend whether this is a first offense and conviction - it could be a Class 5 or 6 - you should be able to link the code here and here to read how it works out and the sentence. if you have a problem linking in, let me know and I will cut and paste it for you here.

If my answer is helpful, please accept.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX was very helpful and I am satisfied with your response.

Hi

Hope it works out for you