Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.

I have an unpaid speeding ticket from out of state.

I have an unpaid speeding ticket from out of state. It''s 10 years old, will an attorney help remedy the situation?

Dear jamtthews23:

Thank you for your question.

An attorney that is local to the jurisdiction where you obtained the ticket should be able to help you take care of it. Chances are that in your failure to appear, a bench warrant for your arrest was issued in that state. An attorney knowledgeable in traffic and/or criminal laws should be able to contact the appropriate court, looking into the situation, and explore your options with you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!