Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

Good Afternoon. My adult son missed court on a traffic

Good Afternoon. My adult son missed court on a traffic ticket because he is out of town. A warrant has been issued for him. He has another traffic ticket from a different county and that court date is coming up. Am I allowed to appear for him to prevent that county from also issuing a warrant?
Yes, you can appear in the traffic court on behalf of your son to explain why he is not present and request a new date when he will be available. As far as the court where the warrant was issued, you can also go into court and request the warrant be cancelled by giving them the valid reason he missed and requesting another court date when he can make his appearance. This process can be handled by you, but attorneys who normally handle cases in those particular courts may have a much easier time getting this done. If you cannot afford an attorney, you can get an attorney at a reduced fee or free of charge through your legal aid society and/or your state bar association.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!