How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask romlawyer Your Own Question
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
romlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

When can I restore my rights Convicted 2004 for growing.

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.
Federal or state conviction, and if state, which one?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to romlawyer's Post: State. Had 30 days of home security. Washington State.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.
Misdemeanor or felony?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to romlawyer's Post: felony
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.

How can I get my right to vote restored if I was convicted by a Washington state court for a crime committed after July 1, 1984?

If you completed all requirements of your sentence, including fines, restitution and other costs, while still in Department of Corrections (DOC) custody or under DOC supervision, DOC will notify the sentencing court that all terms of the sentence have been completed. The court will then issue a certificate of discharge, which restores your right to vote and makes you eligible to register. Your right to serve on a jury, sign initiatives, and run for office is also restored. The certificate does not restore the right to possess firearms and does not clear your conviction for purposes of your criminal history or an employment background check. A copy of the certificate of discharge should be mailed to your last known address. -



romlawyer and 3 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
How do I clear the criminal history or back ground check?and when if possible? Please tell me that and will accept.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.
The only way to get it off your permanent criminal record is with a pardon, otherwise it remains forever.....