How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask romlawyer Your Own Question
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
romlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are an inmate waiting to go to Court and a court ...

Resolved Question:

If you are an inmate waiting to go to Court and a court appointed physciatrist finds you " incompetant to stand trial "   and they try to force physcotropic drugs on you can the inmate appeal that decision himself if his Public Defender won''t? He has no money for a lawyer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 8 years ago.

Yes... but you might need to file it as his "next friend".... further, there maybe an angle for the ACLU here...

Can you afford to consult with a local lawyer?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
He befreined two men and they were living at his home. There was an altercation, the police were called and his wife got a restraining order. I had him come and live in a mobile home in my drive so he wouldn't be on the street. One of these men called my home and I heard my son say don't come here ( they had previously threatened him). He ran out to his van and they came driving up the street. They got out of their car and some how He hit one. I bailed him out and he kept telling the police that these men had taken over his home and were threatening him but nobody would listen. Then they had him arrested by telling the police that he was threatening them with a knife.These men told the police that he was crazy. My son suffers from a grave, debilitating desease for which he needs daily medication and weekly shots. The jail is not giving him his meds.regularly and are trying to force these other drugs on him which are not good for his existing condition. He is in general population, has had no trouble with anyone and is perfectly competant to handel his affairs. When the judge got the incompantcy report he suspened the exisiting charges and sentenced him to four years in the state mental hospital with the stipulation that if he is brought to competancy they will re-instate the charges. That is like giving him an extra four years on top of whatever else they want. He is physicaly disabled and was afraid these men were going to do him bodily harm, since I live on a dead end street and they had no other reason to be here.
Expert:  romlawyer replied 8 years ago.

You need to get a lawyer involved for him.. Whether its a pro bono or pay lawyer, you need someone to get him out of the system and make sure he gets his meds.

Try and and

romlawyer and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you