How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25896
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Motion to withdraw

Customer Question

I asked my attorney to file for a motion to withdraw from my case and she submitted it to the court however the mortion states that a verbal argument is required. Do I have to attend to this hearing? I sent her a certified letter letting her know I did not need her as my legal counsil and when I received the motion I let her know I agreed with it. Is there anything else I need to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.

The only other thing I suggest, is to write a letter to the Jude presiding over your case, acknowledging the fact that your attorney is withdrawing and that you do not have any objection to it. Based on the fact that you sent a letter to the attorney discharging him/her from their duties to represent you and that you received a copy of the motion and do not object, your presence is not needed. However, make sure that the date the motion is heard by the Judge, is not the same date of a scheduled court hearing. The reason being, if your attorney is withdrawing and you are not there to get the paper work of a scheduled hearing, you will miss your next court date.