CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

I received a citation for seling alcohol to an 18 year ...

Customer Question

I received a citation for seling alcohol to an 18 year old in an alcohol sting setup. I was fined 60 dollars and the citation said no court appearance. A police officer just returned the origianl citation and gave me a new one requiring a court date and I''ll be reassessed a fine... is that right?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 8 years ago.

Yes, normally on a charge of the sale of alcohol to a minor, there is a mandatory court appearance. If your case is not dismissed, then you will have to pay a fine and court costs. You can hire an attorney to fight the charges against you, or go to court yourself. It seems as the officer who wrote the citation made a mistake and properly amended the citation.