Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.
635143

My roomate moved out three days ago while I was at work.

Customer Question

My roomate moved out three days ago while I was at work. She stole my dog--what can I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thank you for your question.

If you have already called the police, then you other options are to (1) ask your roommate for your dog back and/or (2) to sue for the return of your dog.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!

-KAT

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Law Girl's Post: I already was going in that route--do you happen to know of a good strong Lawyer that I could contact in Norfolk va?
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

Depending on the type of dog, you may want to pursue this in small claims court. Use of a lawyer for a case like this could be very expensive, compared to the gain.

Although I do not know an attorney that practices this type of law in Richmond, I can recommend that you contact the Attorney Referral Service at the Virginia State Bar at(NNN) NNN-NNNN they should be able to recommend someone.

Good Luck!

-KAT