CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I had recently returned home from school. At home i had ...

I had recently returned home from school. At home i had around 67$ worth of fines left to pay on a Minor in Posession of Alcohol charge. I had realized that i had forgot to pay. I am not sure if a warrant has been issued for me yet. Is there a way i can still pay off the fine (and any other pending fines) without having to go to jail?
If your case has been resolved, there most likely is not a warrant out for your arrest. If the only thing you failed to do, was pay your fines / court costs, on time, there is a very good chance your license is suspended. You will need to contact the Clerk of Courts, where your court case was heard and ask them to look in the system. They will tell you how much money you owe, plus any late fees, and if there is a suspension on your license. If there is a suspension, you will have to reinstate your license. A warrant will not be issued unless the payment was a term and condition of probation ( if you were even on it) which you failed to comply with. The probation officer would issue the warrant and you would have a violation of probation hearing.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This is what it says under my course lookup:

05/28/2008        NTC: ORD SHOW CAUSE FTP                                 $ 0.00
     FILING NTC: ORD SHOW CAUSE FTP SET FOR FRIDAY, JUNE 13, 2008
     AT 9:30 AM BEFORE JUDGE DUANE KINDRICK CASTLEBERRY FOR
     FAILURE TO PAY OUTSTANDING BALANCE OF $67 IN FINES AND FEES
     IMPOSED BY THIS COURT.

You do need to show up at this court date. It seems as though the Judge wants to know why, you did not pay the fines/ court costs, that you were ordered to. It is probably best if you pay the $67 before you go to court and bring proof with you, to show the Judge.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Alright. Thank you