Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Can i press charges against my soon to be Ex husband for tri

He called my son-in-law one weekend while I was away and actaully called Chris and asked for my passowrd. Of course he claimed he didn't know. And my daughter was told he asked too.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
Yes, you can press charges if he accessed your personal information by getting the password XXXXX the New Jersey Identity Theft Prevention Act. You will have to consult with your local attorney general's office for how to pursue your claim.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can't i even charge him if he didn't access but tried and i have a signed note from my son-in-law and daughter. The fact that he even tried.
There is a possibility that he could be charged with an attempted crime, which means that he attempted to commit identity theft. Again, your district attorney/attorney general would have the final say on whether or not they will prosecute such a charge.