Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

Do we have enough evidence to get a H.R.O

My fiance and I live in a gated community and his ex wife deceived the guards at the guard house to get into our complex and come to our house. On Friday, his ex wife who he communicates only through the ourfamilywizard.com from family court called their daughter who was in our house for scheduled visits and started asking her what was the name of our complex. When my fiance asked his daughter why she was asking. She replied by telling him that her mother was around and wanted to come and drop off some clothes for them. He was shocked because for more than a week she hadn''t answered her e-mails and for over a month refused to bring clothes for the children.    He told her "no, tell her mother he will pick it up from outside her house on Sat" The Ex got into our complex and came to the house by deceiving the guards. She used people who live here to get her in by lying to them and making them feel sorry for her.She tried to hit me but the guards stopped her.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
You absolutely have enough to get an restraining order against her, especially since she tried to hit you. Once you obtain it, you must file it with the guards so that they will no longer be fooled by her stories. If the guards let her in after they've been placed on notice, then they too could be liable civilly.

If you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!