Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations
10033880

Is Salvia illegal in Montana

No Comment Added
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

Can you provide additional details? Has an arrest been made?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No Arrests

I can find nothing that indicates it's illegal in Montana or in the US laws. In the Montana code, I searched marijuana and heroin and found hits for both. I found nothing under salvia.

There's a Wikipedia article that may also be of interest to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_status_of_Salvia_divinorum

So, botXXXXX XXXXXne, salvia doesn't appear to be illegal in Montana. Many people think it's dangerous, but many people also think marijuana is dangerous. I guess it's your choice - just be careful.

If my answer has been helpful to you, please click "ACCEPT" so that I may be paid. This is the only way that I will be paid for answering your question. Please consider clicking "BONUS" if you think I did a really great job and/or want to help me feed the deer where I live (see my picture). Clicking "FEEDBACK" to leave your positive comments is always greatly appreciated.

The information provided is general in nature only and should not be construed as legal advice. By using this forum, you acknowledge that no attorney-client relationship has been created between you and either me or my law office.