Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.
Criminal Justice 101-11 Unit 1 Quiz.
1. Guilty pleas are always accepted by the judge. true or false?
2. A Consecutive sentence allows the offender to serve two or more sentences at the same time. true or false?
3. Once an offender has been sentenced, the corrections stage begins. true or false?
4. Which model assumes that the system's subcomponets function primarly to serve their own intrests? a. conflict model. b. criminal justice model. c. Consensus model. d. crime-control model.
5. Which model assumes that the system's subcomponets work together harmoniously to achive the social procuct we call justice? a. conflict model.
b. criminal justice model.
c. Consensus model.
d. crime-control model.
6. Which stage in the Criminal Justice process involves pictures and fingerprints of the subject?
c. Preliminary hearing.
7. Who returns an indictment?
a. the prosecutor.
b. the grand jury.
c. the judge.
d. the arresting police officer.
8. which model emphasizes the efficient arrest and cinviction of criminal offenders?
a. due-process model.
b. crime-control model.
c. consensus model.
d. conflict model.
9. When an offender recieves a ______ sentence, he or she serves one sentence after another is completed.
10. The due process clause of the United States Constitution is specifically stated in which amendment?
1. false 2. false 3. true 4. conflict model 5. consensus model 6. booking 7. the grand jury 8. due process model 9. consecutive 10. Eighth Amendment
I hope this helps you out. Keep studying.
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).