Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

We have a diamond ring that was purchased from an area

We have a diamond ring that was purchased from an area jewelry store and is a certified diamond. The purchase price was around $5000 and has the appraisal and reciept with the description of the diamond. Now we are being told that the diamond in the ring is not the diamond on the original appraisal and reciept and this is from a competive store. We were told that the store that sold the diamond ring has been known to switch diamonds. What should we do to get this corrected. The difference between the second store was over $1000. We are in the process of trying to sell the ring. The description on the original appraisal should of been $2500 and the diamond we brought in was only appraised at $1500. This is the diamond only.

DearCustomer/p>

I suggest that you contact the Iowa Attorney General Office and ask them to investigate the transaction for you - you can contact the AG - to file a consumer complaint. The AG cannot handle civil matters, but if you have the evidence from the other jeweler that this is what has taken place, the AG can assist.

Also, you may need to file a lawsuit to get the diamond. But I think the AG should be able to assist as it appears there is a crime here.

Iowa Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
1305 E. Walnut Street
Des Moines, IA 50319 (NNN) NNN-NNNN
1-888-777-4590
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Best to you with this matter,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle