Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

What can we do about an interstate probation issue

My son was in jail for minor theft for about 3 months, due to drugs over 1 1/2 years ago. He is finally clean and working with a company for over a year. His PO issued the work permits and was aware of this job. Now it seems that they are telling him to quit the job because if violates his parole. He has followed all the rules, never missed paying his restitution, tested clean for over 1 1/2 years and finally started moving in the right direction. His PO knew that the company is located here in PA, but they are a line cutting service that is currently contracted in Virginia. They gave him the permission to go and now they are saying they made a mistake. He works there Monday thru Thursday and is back home in PA every week. Is there anything we can do to keep this from happening. It's sor hard to get a decent job when you are on parole of any kind. This one has benefits, retirement and he just got a promotion. I'm afraid it will have a negative affect and send him back out.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

Well that is ridiculous. You would think a good job would be understood that it is a key to successful intergration back into society.

I suggest that you go above his PO to the Director of Parole and Probation. Here is a contact(NNN) NNN-NNNN- I suggest you call and ask to make a face to face appointment to discuss this matter. When you go, be prepared with pay check stubs and a letter from the employer stating exactly what is entailed with this job as to travel - where and when, pay, benefits, etc.

Best of success to each of you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle