ExperiencedParalegal, Paralegal
Experience:  MultipleAreasofLaw

What is the law regarding rifle ownership in NYC In NY ...

What is the law regarding rifle ownership in NYC? In NY state it''s legal to own a rifle and all that''s required at purchase is a driver''s license but I''ve been told NYC has a different law.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ExperiencedParalegal replied 8 years ago.

No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun in the State of New York, except in New York City. No person, firm or corporation engaged in the retail business of selling rifles, shotguns or handguns, shall sell, deliver or transfer any such gun to another person unless the transferee is provided with a gun locking device and a label on safe storage.

So, you can own a rifle in NYC, but the only difference is that you need a permit.

Here is also a web link that I think will be useful to you

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you should need anything further.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON, if my answer has been helpful to you, so that I may get proper credit for my effort to help you in your case. The statement above is meant in an effort to help guide you in the proper direction. Please remember that the fees paid are for information, not legal advice. If you need legal advice you should seek a licensed attorney in the area of which your legal issue pertains to. Positive feedback is greatly appreciated as are bonuses.