Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

State of ILLinios teenage driver speeding ticket in 9/07 ...

Customer Question

State of ILLinios   teenage driver speeding ticket in 9/07 and another pn 5/2/08 will he loose his license. the officer said he can take a driving school and it won''t appear on his record is this true?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

I am finding nothing about a driving school program other than prior to getting a license

This is what the ILL law states

During the initial and full licensing phases prior to age 21, a driver who receives two moving violation convictions within a 24-month period will lose his/her driver's license for a minimum of 30 days. After the first conviction, the parents/guardians of the driver will receive a warning letter from the Secretary of State informing them of the teenage driver's initial conviction and the possibility of loss of driving privileges for future violations.

Should a driver receive a license suspension for two traffic convictions, he/she is subject to additional driver's license suspensions for each subsequent traffic conviction.

CLICK HERE to read a synposis on the law passed on 2007

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle