How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask romlawyer Your Own Question
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 1170
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
romlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a non-lawyer file an extention to 9th circuit court

Resolved Question:

I know someone who is incarcerated and was denied a heabus corpus, an appeal to the 9th circuit court was granted but he doesn''t have the money to appeal so i''m trying to get him an extention to try and raise the money.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.

He has to file the appeal himself, and can request an extension in writing, or even by letter.

Further, if he is in prison, he should also request counsel be appointed to help him. (This will likely not happen, but may help perserve some issues for him, adn / or give him an angle for later)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
How would he get ahold of the extention paperwork?
Expert:  romlawyer replied 9 years ago.
There is no form.. just a written pleading requesting the same....
romlawyer and 5 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Criminal Law Questions