Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience
9164795

my grandson answered his apt. door accepted a package

my grandson answered his apt. door accepted a package and was aressted for trafficking cocaine.He did not know what was inside the package,and thought it could be for a friend. How searious is the charges. He is 21 going to college                                        &nb sp;  His Grand parents
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 8 years ago.

If this is true, that the package was not addressed to your son and there was another young man in the house to whom it was addressed and your son had no idea what was in it, then he is going to be NOT guilty - he'll get a lawyer and go through the process but will be fine on the other end. On the other hand, if he is involved at all then he needs a goodlawyer and needs one quickly!

All the best,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I received the report and find another person put my grandsons name on the package andhe signed for it. the postal inspecter determined there were drugs 2 kilos of cocaine. i believe this other person paid my grandson 800.00dollars and used him to put the blame on my grandson

Well, then, this is sounding more like your grandson might have some involvement. Your grandson knew he was getting $800 to receive a package? In that circumstance one would think there is a possibility that the package is illegal, or else why would someone pay you $800 just to sign for a package for them when they could address it to themselves and receive it for free?!?

Best advice here is to get the best lawyer you can!!! 2-kilos of Cocaine means grandson could be going away for quite awhile.

Horrible situation for you and I wish you the best.