ExperiencedParalegal, Paralegal
Experience:  MultipleAreasofLaw

In the State of Texas what are the consequences for ...

In the State of Texas what are the consequences for person who is arrested for possession of cocaine?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ExperiencedParalegal replied 8 years ago.

The State of Texas takes possession of cocaine charges very seriously. As little as a gram of crack cocaine in your tenure at the time of arrest can result in felony charges. The cocaine possession penalties and jail time will depend upon the quantity of possession. For example: conviction for less than one gram of cocaine may be punishable by up to two years in a state jail facility and/or by a fine not to exceed $10,000. Any or all of the state jail time and/or fines may be probated, in an qualified case, for up to five years.

If you have the financial means to do so, I would hire an attorney whom specializes in this area in order to avoid jail time, ect.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you should need anything further.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK ON THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON, if my answer has been helpful to you, so that I may get proper credit for my effort to help you in your case. The statement above is meant in an effort to help guide you in the proper direction. Please remember that the fees paid are for information, not legal advice. If you need legal advice you should seek a licensed attorney in the area of which your legal issue pertains to. Positive feedback is greatly appreciated as are bonuses.