Law Girl
Law Girl, Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced criminal law.

iwas 86th from a casino, iwent back to get my car and was ...

iwas 86th from a casino, iwent back to get my car and was trespassed. is this legal?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Girl replied 8 years ago.

A casino is private property and so is the parking lot. If you were removed from the casino, and/or told not to return, they can keep you off their property. Since the parking lot is also their property, they can prevent you from returning to their parking lot. They would have expected you to take your vehicle when you left or have someone else pick up the vehicle for you. So, yes, although unfair, their conduct is legal because they have the right to exclude people from their property.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or require clarification of this matter. Otherwise please hit "ACCEPT", so I may receive credit for my response. Tips and feedback are also appreciated.

Good Luck!