Michelle
Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs
3273316

If somebody hits your car in a parking lot and speeds away, ...

If somebody hits your car in a parking lot and speeds away, is the owner of the parking lot liable for the damages. Even if the owner of the parking lot did not cause the damage.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer/p>

No.This is where your insurance would kick in - if they proceed under the Uninsured Mototists clause of your policy. If you do not have that then you would need to pay your deductible to have the repairs made, with the balance going to your insurance company. Can you imagine if the shopping center was held responsible for every accident that occured on their premises. The same would hold true if someone damaged a guest's car while it was in your driveway.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle