How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 4ren6 Your Own Question
4ren6, Forensics/Criminal Investigation
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 4794
Experience:  Over 20 years of Law Enforcement. Sworn expert witness in Criminal and Civil Law.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
4ren6 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do you get a felony off your record

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.
what state did it occur in. What was the felony charge.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 4ren6's Post: Wash   theft 1 no priors and nothing since
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.

Washinton State does not appear to have an expungment law for convicted persons. It would have to be done via a pardon by the governor of the state or the Board of Clemency.


Deletion of certain information, conditions.

Criminal history record information which consists of nonconviction data only shall be subject to deletion from criminal justice agency files which are available and generally searched for the purpose of responding to inquiries concerning the criminal history of a named or otherwise identified individual when two years or longer have elapsed since the record became nonconviction data as a result of the entry of a disposition favorable to the defendant, or upon the passage of three years from the date of arrest or issuance of a citation or warrant for an offense for which a conviction was not obtained unless the defendant is a fugitive, or the case is under active prosecution according to a current certification made by the prosecuting attorney.

Such criminal history record information consisting of nonconviction data shall be deleted upon the request of the person who is the subject of the record: PROVIDED, HOWEVER, That the criminal justice agency maintaining the data may, at its option, refuse to make the deletion if:

(1) The disposition was a deferred prosecution or similar diversion of the alleged offender;

(2) The person who is the subject of the record has had a prior conviction for a felony or gross misdemeanor;

(3) The individual who is the subject of the record has been arrested for or charged with another crime during the intervening period.

Nothing in this chapter is intended to restrict the authority of any court, through appropriate judicial proceedings, to order the modification or deletion of a record in a particular cause or concerning a particular individual or event.

[1977 ex.s. c 314 § 6.]


However, i also find this info on expungement.



4ren6 and 4 other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  4ren6 replied 9 years ago.

Page 7 and 8 of the .pdf file seem to apply to you. It gives specific instructions. reply if needed.

Related Criminal Law Questions