Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I own a second hand resale store that has been open

Customer Question

I own a second hand resale store that has been open for over four (4) years. At the request by the police department,the License department came in and revoked our business license on the spot two(2) weeks ago approximately two (2) hours before our scheduled court appearance for an incident where an employee purchased some items which was later identified as being stolen (bookshelf and dishes), from an individual whom she had known for a few years and didn''t obtain the personal ID information and fingerprint information. After going to court and paying the fine I was told by both representative from License office and police officer Our Business license was revoked due to an ongoing investigation that goes back more than a year ago which we really don''t know why we would be involved in. We have never been assumed guilty or charged with any other violation . I can understand and accept the charge for not obtaining transaction documents, but the license shouldn''t have been revoked.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  JENN replied 8 years ago.

Hello, what is your question?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Jennifer's Post: Thanks for your response back, however, at this time I'm searching for a Lawyer to represent me in getting back our Business license. It is my hope that after reading my previous information, a lawyer familiar with these types of circumstances would come forward and make an offer to represent me in getting our business license back.