romlawyer
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
9045092

i had an agreement to take a plea to a misdeameanor. the ...

i had an agreement to take a plea to a misdeameanor. the agreement was there would be no publicity. if the paper got the information from the court that couldn''t be helped. the prosecutor office did a press release after the plea. this is against the agreement and i feel that i was coerced in to taken that plea under lies.

If the government violates a plea deal, ie breaches the plea contract, you can use this as a basis to reopen the matter. However, you have to move fast and file a motion alleging the wrong and asking for the plea to be opened and a trial scheduled.

It will not usually be able to be used to get a dismissal.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
do i have grounds for civil action. my attorney doesnt want to adress this and refuses to retuen my calls.
No they have immunity from state civil actions, and it did not violate a constitutional right such that a Federal 1983 action would apply....
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IF THIS IS REOPENED DO THEY GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL CHARGES OR THE PLEA CHARGE. MY ATTORNEY GOT PAID AND REFUSES TO DISCUSS MY OPTIONS. I AM GOING TO ACCEPT YOUR ANSWER...THANK YOU
You go back to square one... the whole case is reopened, and the old charges come back into play. (good question though)