romlawyer
romlawyer, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 75+ Trials, 1000s of cases, Licensed in PA
9045092

I recently was sending a boyfriend pictures and accidentaly ...

Customer Question

I recently was sending a boyfriend pictures and accidentaly sent them to them name under his on aol instant messenger. The person they were sent to is now threatening me by exposing them... and this isnt the first time he has threatened me by sying such things as "youll be sorry" "im the wrong person to mess with" he has theatened me numerous times over the years and now this has happened. Ive thought about getting a restraining order in the past but I was wondering what my legal rights are to those photos of me that werent his nor meant for him as well as him threatening me. Im just wondering if I have any legal options . Please help. Thank you.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  romlawyer replied 8 years ago.

It would be an invasion of privacy for him to publicize them. Further it maybe a form of criminal harassment. I would send him a cease and desist letter and copy it to the police department.

If does do anything, you can sue him.