Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

In a Idaho First Degree Murder trial if one juror finds the ...

In a Idaho First Degree Murder trial if one juror finds the defendant innocent and the other jurors find guilty is that a hung sentence and a new jury trial have to be held or would the defendant be acquitted?

There needs to be a unanimous verdict. So if one does not agree and the judge declares a hung jury (this does not need to done immediately upon notice. The Judge can instruct a jury to go back and try harder to make it unanimous) , then it would be up to the prosecutor to decide if they want to pursue the matter again - if the prosecutor decides not to pursue then that would be an acquittal and there can be no retry on the same charge as that would constitute a verdict and double jeopardy.

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle