RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years

What is the penalty for Deception to Obtain ...

What is the penalty for "Deception to Obtain Dangerous Drugs?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your question. Here is the answer to your question.

Ohio Revised Code 2925.22 (R.C. 2925.22) criminalizes procuring the administration of, a prescription for, or the dispensing of a dangerous drug (namely prescribed drugs of abuse). Also, possessing an uncompleted preprinted prescription blank used for writing a prescription is a felony.

If the drug involved is a Schedule I or II drug, it is a 4th degree felony under Ohio law which carries a prison sentence of not less than 6 months nor more than 18 months and a fine up to $5,000.

If the drug involved is a Schedule II, IV, or V or is marijuana, it is a 5th degree felony under Ohio law which carries a prison sentence of not less than 6 months nor more than 12 months and a fine up to $2,500.

I hope this gives you the information that you needed in tihs matter and good luck..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.