Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

My husband has a warrant out for his arrest due to the fact ...

My husband has a warrant out for his arrest due to the fact that he used some illegal fireworks on the Fourth of July 5 years ago. We never got a notice, but a friend of ours who is a police officer told us. We now need to go to court. I know we need a good laywer. What can happen to us?

Dear sue andrews

Is this a warrant for his arrest - or a warrant the was issued by the court as a bench warrant because your husband failed to appear at his arraigment or trial?

Thanks for the information so I can accurately assist you ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
NO, he didnt FAIL to appear as he never HAD an arraignment or a trial. It was just a warrant for his arrest. We were never notified about anything.

Dear sueandrews10

Well, when he turns himself in on the warrant, a bond can be placed - or he can be released on his own recognizance. Because it was so long ago, there is a possibility that he can have the DA dismiss the charges - unless he was using explosives to committ a crime.

This would carry a penalty no more than 6 months and/or a $1000 fine, if there were a conviction - however, a judge can impose probation for a first offense

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle