Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience
9164795

IS IT LEGAL TO BE FIRED FROM POST OFFICE JOB FOR A ...

Customer Question

IS IT LEGAL TO BE FIRED FROM POST OFFICE JOB FOR A MISDEMEANOR SECOND DEGREE ASSAULT BEFORE BEING FOUND GUILTY. I WAS WORKING AT THE EASTON POST OFFICE IN EASTON MARYLAND AS A CASUAL CLERK. THEN A PERMANENT POSITION CAME UP AND I WAS INTERVIEWED AS CHOSEN OUT OF 20 PEOPLE. I WAS CHOSEN AS A PARTIME FLEX EMPLOYEE STARTING OFF MAKING 18.26 HR. THE PERSONAL DEPARTMENT IN BALTIMORE REFUSED TO HIRE ME BECAUSE OF AN ASSAULT CHARGE IN 2006 THAT I WAS FOUND GUILTY BY THE STATE THAT I DID NOT DO. I WAS TRYING TO BREAK UP A FIGHT BETWEEN MY DAUGHTER AND XXXXX XXXXXE , WHO LIED TO XXXXX STATED THAT WE ATTACKED HER, IN WHICH SHE HIT THE FIRST BLOW HER SELF AND THE STATE ATTORNEY PRESSED CHARGES AGAINST ME, MY DAUGHTER AND MY GRANDAUGHTER BECAUSE THEY WERE TRYING TO WIN A MURDER CONVICTION AGAINST MY SON RICHARD BLANKS WHICH WAS GOING ON AT THAT TIME .
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 8 years ago.

Yes, it is legal. You need to get that conviction off your record and out of sight for the future. To do this write to the following address and indicate that you would like to have a pardon application mailed to you. Please remember to include your complete mailing address, including zip code:

Pardon Application - Maryland Parole Commission

XXXXX Suite 307

Baltimore, MDNNN-NN-NNNN