ExperiencedParalegal
ExperiencedParalegal, Paralegal
Experience:  MultipleAreasofLaw
9066835

I live in Washington State. I wish to gamble on line. Is ...

I live in Washington State. I wish to gamble on line. Is there any way to do that legally.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  ExperiencedParalegal replied 9 years ago.
DearCustomer

The new Washington State law, turned almost every form of on line gambling into a Class C Felony offense. This law does not include on line horse-race wagering, which has been made legal through certain companies. Therefore, just on line horse-race wagering is legal. This has been allowed by specially approved sites, by the Washington Horse Racing Commission.

Please note though that the Head of The State Gambling Commission stated that it is unlikely that individual on line gamblers will be targeted for arrest.

The Justice Department believes Internet gambling is prohibited under several federal laws, including the Federal Wire Act. Now, many of the popular gambling sites are operated outside the U.S. and aren't directly regulated by the U.S. or state governments.

The Washington law, which upgrades on line gambling from a misdemeanor, was an effort to be compatible with federal law, stated Sen. Margarita Prentice, D-Renton.

Please let me know if you should need anything further.

Sincerely,
Jessica
ExperiencedParalegal

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE ACCEPT BUTTON. The statement above is meant in an effort to help guide you in the right direction. Please remember that the fees paid are for information, not legal advice. If you need legal advice you should seek an attorney in the area of which your legal issue pertains to. Positive feedback is greatly appreciated as are bonuses.