Mr. Lofton
Mr. Lofton, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience

WE just found out our lawyer that was paid in full in ...

WE just found out our lawyer that was paid in full in 2004)to represent my husband in a dui#2 is suspended from practicing law . we have a court date on 4/21 .what do we do it has been 4 years of delay and we want to close this chapter. the last the lawyer told us was he was working with solicitor to get charges reduced. my husband has not recieved any tickets since the srrest and has completed all state requirments complition of ADSAP, the only item on his 10 year record is theBOA at arrest(he took breathilizer).We were thinking of calling the solicitor and try to strike a deal? or can our case be dropped because of our lawyers suspension.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Mr. Lofton replied 8 years ago.

Lawyer being suspended will only get you a new lawyer. But there is no reason that you should not call on bahalf of husband and talk to the solicitor and make inquiry. No reason he could not drop charges if he was so inclined - no doubt he's very busy and wants to clear his case load.

All the best,