Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
8370490

Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year ...

Was arrested and served time in state prison ( 0ne year )..Is there anyway to have record expunged or rehab certificate...I have tried everything...I cannot get a job
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

California does have procedures to expunge your criminal record and obtain a certificate of rehabilitation. The requirements and the procedure to do so is somewhat complicated. But the California Courts have This Excellent Web Page setting forth the entire process. Since I don't know your exact situation, I recommend that you read all of it. It explains exactly what you are entitled to, what forms you have to file, etc.

I hope this information helps. Good luck.

Thomas