How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jamest Your Own Question
jamest, Private Investigator
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 372
Experience:  Investigator of criminal law cases, especially Florida law. Work with retailers, others, consultant
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
jamest is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this is not about wrongful convicton.

Resolved Question:

this is not about wrongful convicton. i''m looking for help with parole denial. i dont know where to go for help. my nephew was convicted 7 years ago {at age 17} for csc 3rd degree. he was sentenced to 4- 15 years. he has been denied parole 3 times. my nephew is gay and it''s felt this has a big part of his denial. do you know of any orgaizatons i can contact abut this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
What offense is he serving the sentence for? Has the parole board given reasons, or simply denial? how often are his hearing now that he is eligible?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
his offense is csc. his last parole hearing there was no reason just denied due to a pshy. evaluation. the pshychirist only spoke with him briefly. his harings are 18 months apart. charged with criminal sexual conduct 3rd degree as i stated in the 1st explanation.
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
ok, this is extremely common as you are well aware the media frenzy about sex offenders.
In regards XXXXX XXXXX parole, I could outline the entire process, but that would take time and I do not know what you know already or do not know. So i will send you a link to a page that does a pretty good job of explaining the system. see: Michigan parole.
If you believe his being a homosexual is the main or sole basis for the denial of his parole, there are many gay rights organizations which may be able to assist. You also may wish to contact your local ACLU branch and ask if there is any assistance they can provide. Try looking for a local organization in state, the ACLU has chapter in each state, each state has slightly different laws and practices and the most effective help would come form a group within Michigan. That is my suggestion, depending on his score sheet denial of an appeal may be contested in court, the link above gives the information on all that, the score sheets, the appeals the meetings ect.
jamest and other Criminal Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
thank you i'll start with the 2 organizations you have suggested if you can think of any other organizations let me know @[email protected] thank you again. elizabeth mackay
Expert:  jamest replied 9 years ago.
good luck in your search, unless you have any more questions, could you accept the answer ?

Related Criminal Law Questions