Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

I received a subpoena for a DUI case, in which, I have no ...

I received a subpoena for a DUI case, in which, I have no idea if the person had been drinking. The most I know is that he was driving. He also assaulted me that night, I AM SCARED OF HIM. Are there any laws that protect me?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

Are you the victim in this matter due to the assault? What will your role be exactly?

Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michelle's Post: Yes, this person punched me, I was the one who called the police, ultimately though he was arrested for DUI NOT the assault, in fact, the police did not document the assault. I have been subpoenaed for his DUI case, in which, again I do not have any idea whether or not he had been drinking.
Expert:  Michelle replied 8 years ago.

You should have been contacted by the victim/witness unit - the only suggestion I can provide is that you show tomorrow and explain that you do not know anything - and that you do not want to testify to any assault on you because that is not what is pending. Ask that you be immediately dismissed from the subpoena. I know it is a pain, because you need to use your time and energy. But if you cannot get someone on the phone today to dismiss he subpoena you will need to show. That is the best suggestion I have.

Best to you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle