RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  licensed attorney in criminjal law for 30 years

My minor son was assaulted and simple assault warrant was

If you were representing a 19 yr old adult who was charged with simple assault to a 16 yr old minor, how would you advise your client as to your opinion on what the likely outcome of the verdict will be if the victim did not sustain any visible injuries? The victim is my minor son and he was physically assaulted with eye poking (yes, laughable, but true), a slap and headbutted in the nose, which did swell some. We had a simple assault warrant issued, and 1 eye witness to the assault who will testify in court.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.

Based on the information provided I think you owe it to your son to pursuit this matter. I think that in any situation where you have an adult assaulting a younger person that the court will favor the victim. If your son was assaulted in my mind it doesn't matter that there wasn't physical evidence. Of course it would be easier but that doesn't mean it didn't occur. If I'm the 19 year olds lawyer I'm talking to the DA to see what kind of deal he'll offer me. Thanks for your question and I hope this has given you some information in this matter...