Moe Manser
Moe Manser, Paralegal
Experience:  President of U.S. Legal Research Corp., over 15 years of assisting lawyers nationwide. Federal/State

I am a contract engineer so I move from state to state

I am a contract engineer so I move from state to state working on my contracts. My home base has always been Ohio. My contracts usually last 8-12 months. While I was working in North Carolina I applied for and received a CCW (concealed carry weapon) permit. To do this I was required to get a North Carolina drivers license. I now want to change my license back to Ohio ... will this invalidate the CCW permit? In Ohio if I present my birth certificate and SS card they will give me a replacement Ohio Licence ... is it leagal to have two drivers licenses at the same time?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Moe Manser replied 8 years ago.
Dear jfwykoff

In Ohio, if you are a resident of the state, it is illegal to have another drivers licenses from another state. You must surrender your out-of-state license, and they will issue your Ohio driver license, the law states that you must apply for an Ohio licenses with-in 10 days, unless you are a Nonresident military personnel, they may use their home state driver license, but their family members must obtain an Ohio license.

In Reference to the CCW permit, by law you would have to transfer it to your current state, and register with the local sheriff department.

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my effort to assist you. FEEDBACK is appreciated as well as a bonus.