Michelle, Elected/Appointed Official
Experience:  30 + yrs in the legal profession incl. criminal, family, politics, legislator judiciary 6 yrs

My 26 year old son had an auto accident on ice ...

My 26 year old son had an auto accident on ice covered roads last Thursday. No citation was issued, but my son had beer at the sports bar. I could smell the beer on his breath when I arrived at the seen. The officer said nothing, but was looking in his car with his flash light. No sobriety test''s were given. Did my son get lucky, or can they still issue a DWI when the police report is issued?

He was indeed fortunate. They cannot charge an alcohol-related citation without evidence via failure of sobriety tests, BAC, etc. How would they be able to prove anything? Maybe the cop was looking for open container or pot and then he would have done something.

Tell your son to count his blessings in many ways -

Best to both of you,

If my answer has been helpful, please ACCEPT my answer so I get credit for my effort to help you . If I can be of further help, let me know. Appropriate FEEDBACK is appreciated as is a bonus. Thanks ~ Michelle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
did payment go through?

Yes. Thank you for the Bonus, too ! Check your feedback from me.

Best to you all